Director of Global Customer Success and Care
1111 3rd Ave. #700 Seattle, Washington 98101
We have successfuly completed this engagment.
Director of Global Customer Success and Care
Changepoint provides recognized market-leading solutions in both Professional Services Automation (PSA) and Project Portfolio Management (PPM) complete with comprehensive and flexible delivery options that meet the various diverse needs of customers of all sizes, from small installations up to the largest and most complex enterprises. Thousands of enterprises count on Changepoint solutions to drive smarter business decisions, accelerate innovation, and increase efficiencies so they can effectively adapt to today' s rapidly changing economic conditions and competitive dynamics. Changepoint maintains operations in North America, Latin America, EMEA and APAC and services customers across six continents.
The Customer Success team is responsible for ensuring the success of Changepoint customers and maximizing value of the Changepoint solutions inside the customer base. We are seeking a Director of Customer Success to own driving, scaling, and inspiring a global team of talented individuals focused on customer success. The ideal candidate will have experience building customer success programs that deliver results. This role requires strategic skills, strong relationship-building skills, creativity, exceptional communication skills and a customer first attitude.
- Reduce customer churn/loss, increase renewal rates, upsell, cross sell and expansion of product and services
- Increase customer satisfaction through delivery of a programmatic customer journey that delivers value outcomes for our customers
- Provide guidance, training, and education for all activities related to the Customer Success teams, including strategy and tactics for proactive CSM engagement with customers to ensure retention, drive customer optimization and adoption while providing a positive customer experience
- Tracking and reporting on key customer success metrics including: satisfaction metrics, both informal and formal, both proactive and reactive; renewal rates; ARR growth/decline; customer retention rate; upsell rate; cross sell rate; and customer behavior patterns
- Serve as escalation point for customer issues to ensure they are resolved quickly, and drive toward anticipating issues and resolving them in advance.
- Use quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive operational excellence in the areas of customer engagement
- Monitor and report on team activities, including providing data to the executive leadership team for managing growth and hiring plans
- Recruit and train new staff
- Inspire Changepoint’ s employees on the importance of customer success
- Establish organizational goals and objectives, and monitor performance to plan. Adjusts resources, organization structure, and personnel to achieve attainment of overall goals. Delegates tasks and assignments to appropriate subordinates and monitors progress
- Assess the current structure, offerings, tools, policies and procedures regarding effectiveness, responsiveness and strategic importance in achieve desired business outcomes
- Conceive strategies, offerings, policies and processes that improve delivery of customer success, customer satisfaction, profitability, employee satisfaction, and which support customer retention and renewal
- Create and distribute metric reports that summarize department activity, productivity, and efficiency
- Monitor, document, and share customer trends that potentially warrant further analysis and action by the Company with management, professional services, sales, and marketing.
- Interact with customer senior management (VP/Director level) in both pre and post sales situations.
- Develop staffing strategies. Recruit and hire staff. Supervise direct and functional reports. Establishe individual performance goals and priorities. Review performance against goals. Provide counseling. Plan, approve, and implement programs for the timely development and progress of each individual. Plan and grant salary increases as appropriate. Manage discipline and documentation steps in problem employee situations. Manage dismissals.
- Have an obsession with customer satisfaction, including the ability to identify business needs and opportunities for upsell, expansion and service improvement.
- Passionate about reaching out to and engaging with customers to ensure satisfaction with their Changepoint product experience.
- Agile thinker
- Strong empathy for customers and passion for revenue and growth
- Ability to manage a customer success team toward achieving business goals
- Ability to develop clear understandings of customers’ needs and the ability to incorporate them into a solution
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- An experienced manager able to motivate their team to achieve the strategic objectives and goals of the Professional Services organization
- Build and foster strong relationships with peers, cross functionally and with partners outside of team
- Fast learner and able work ethically, effectively, and professionally under pressure
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Ability to challenge the status quo, conceive, get buy-in, and implement innovative ideas that can benefit the company and customers
- Embraces the ideas of others and nurture innovation and operation excellence
- Strong interpersonal and oral and written communications skills with ability to effectively interact with customers at all levels of customers’ and internal organization
- Continually strive to improve inter-personal, management, functional, and technical skills set.
- Use of good judgment and a sense of urgency in the decision making process when assessing problems/situations
- Minimum 5 years in a customer success/experience management role (2 years at Director level) preferred
- Bachelors degree preferred and/or equivalent relevant experience
- Proven results in improving customer satisfaction, customer retention, employee engagement and team productivity
- Proven experience in creating a customer centric culture
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and consistently delivering projects on or before expected due dates
- Skilled presenter with experience preparing and writing proposals, policies, procedures, job descriptions, and schedules
- Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence