Director of Technology Solutions
215 Columbia Street, Suite 300 Seattle, Washington 98104
We have successfully completed this engagment. Thank you for your interest!
Director of Technology Solutions
At the SEIU 775 Benefits Group, we are leading the transformation of home care into a thriving career and helping to prevent the coming care crisis. With 8, 000 people turning 65 every day in the U.S., there are not enough qualified, trained workers to care for the exponential rise in older adults needing care. Through groundbreaking initiatives, the SEIU 775 Benefits Group and partners in government, labor and private industry are ensuring that Washington state home care workers have access to the skills and support they need to stay and grow in the field.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Strategic Services, the Director of Technology Solutions is responsible for developing the strategy for optimal technology services to support the organization’ s goals. This includes applying strategic thinking and reliable planning and execution to all aspects of the organization’ s technology needs. The Director is a member of the leadership team and manages a technical team and contractors. This candidate will possess strong leadership skills, the ability to develop new information system implementations and process improve on legacy infrastructure.
- Set the overall technology vision and process for the company;
- Plan and direct all aspects of technology policies, objectives, and initiatives in support of organizational strategy and objectives;
- Take ultimate accountability for the quality, strategy and integrity of all technical deliverables.
- Participate in vendor selection in all technology initiatives;
- Work cross departmentally to understand and establish business requirements and establish a budget to support these needs;
- Use continuous improvement methodologies to drive usage and adoption of corporate technology systems and applications;
- Lead the tech team in maintaining and enhancing the portal (CRM) application to stay current with organizational needs;
- Execute skilled vendor management (contracts, relationships, and licensing);
- Design infrastructure strategy for enterprise, network, software, systems, and cloud solutions;
- Develop, execute, and manage a comprehensive tech budget;
- Manage tech issues and relationships with public agencies such as DSHS and the Department of Health (DOH.)
- Bachelor’ s degree in MIS, computer science, or business administration;
- Master’ s degree in relevant field a plus;
- 10 years or more experience in technology that shows good career progression;
- 3 years or more experience as a Senior Manager (Director) in IT field managing 5— 10 team members, software applications— especially CRM, and tech infrastructure;
- 5 years or more experience in business analyst or project management;
- Experience with Salesforce (a plus;)
- Experience in the nonprofit and/or public sector (a plus;)
- A strong understanding of HIPPA compliance policies;
- Seasoned leadership that demonstrates an open and transparent approach to leadership, and can build trust among team members and across the organization;
- Be able to lead in a highly collaborative environment with senior leadership, staff, and external customers;
- Ability to hire the best people, support their development, and let them do their jobs;
- A diplomatic approach in assessing and setting tech priorities and deliver on promises;
- Able to flourish in an environment with shifting priorities and ambiguities;
- Demonstrated success as a PM/Scrum Master and/or BA/Product Owner;
- Proven track record of championing processes, especially waterfall, agile, Kanban and QA;
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills (clear, crisp, and concise.)